1. AUTHORIZATION AND COST OF RECOVERY
- By sending or handing over the media/equipment/data, you authorize us to conduct an evaluation to determine the nature of the damage and provide you with a quotation for the data recovery, timing, and estimated success rate.
- You also authorize us (our employees, and agents) to receive and transport the media/equipment/data to, from and between your legally registered facilities.
- By accepting our quotation, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions including granting us permission to open the drive (if needed) voiding the warranty.
2. LEGAL RIGHT
- You acknowledge that you are the legal owner, representative, or otherwise have legitimate rights to the property and all data contained sent or handed over to us.
- We will not be held liable for any claims regarding the physical functioning of the equipment and or media or the condition or existence of data storage media supplied before, during or after service.
- We will further not be held liable for any direct or indirect damages, including, but not limited to, loss of data, loss of revenue, incidental or consequential, before, during or after service.
4. FREE CONSULTATION
- Free initial consultation with one of our experienced and competent technicians.
5. FREE COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
- Free courier collection for all pre-approved investigations and data recoveries and free courier return for all successful work.
6. FREE EVALUATION AND QUOTATION
- Free evaluation & fixed upfront quotation.
- You have a choice of four data recovery service options to suit your budget and circumstance.
- No quote rejection fee.
- No billable work will be undertaken unless a final quote is approved in writing.
7. PRICING AND PAYMENT
- All prices quoted exclude 14% Value Added Tax.
- All prices quoted excludes bank cost, import and export taxes, freight, courier or other shipping charges, insurance, postage or any other charges.
- All quotations are valid for seven days unless stated otherwise.
- Payment is due in full, upon completion of a successful recovery, before the releasing the data (whether shipped, picked up or downloaded).
- Not applicable to accounts where terms have been approved.
- A data retention fee will be added to all unpaid jobs left for More than seven days after invoice - accrued monthly.
- We do accept company cheques.
- We also accept Cash, Paypal (USD Only, Online, Subject to a 4% processing fee), VISA and MasterCard (Online and in-store, Subject to a 4% processing fee).
- Pricing is subject to change without notice.
8. UP-FRONT NON-REFUNDABLE FEES
- A non-refundable fee payable up-front will apply to all:
- Priority and high priority data recoveries.
- Server/NAS/RAID evaluations.
- Encrypted drives.
- Drives that have been opened (physically tampered with) before being sent to us.
- Hardware related data recoveries (Spares Fee) are to offset the risks and costs involved during the data recovery.
- Reloaded drives (e.g. Windows was re-installed)
9. DATA RECOVERY CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY
- All information, data, and equipment handed over, investigated or recovered by us will be protected from unauthorized access or disclosure using the same degree of care as we use to protect our own confidential information.:
- Our staff members are professionals working in a secure environment having signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
- All data recovery work is done in-house unless otherwise agreed with yourself in writing.
- We can also enter into a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) on request.
10. DATA RECOVERY GUARANTEE
- No-recovery, no-charge (no-nonsense and no-surprises):
- You will not be invoiced should we for some reason not be able to recover the data, or the data recovered not be in a usable condition.
- You will be contacted, prior to us raising an invoice, to confirm the usability of the data recovered should we suspect damage to some of the data.
- We can re-negotiate a price (less than the quoted amount) should some of the data recovered be of use to you with the option to proceed or not.
- We will do everything possible to rectify the recovery or refund the recovery charges (or a portion thereof) should we not be able to solve any valid issues with the recovered data.
11. DESTINATION DEVICE WARRANTY
- A seven-day from shipment swop-out warranty applies to all destination devices found to be Dead on Arrival (DOA).
- Any additional warranty claims must be presented to the original manufacturer.
12. DATA SANITIZATION (SHREDDING AND DESTRUCTION)
- Data devices, media and equipment are sanitized according to the US Department of Defence (DoD) standards.
- US DoD 5220.22-M Hardware Sanitize - The physical destruction of the data devices and media.
- US DoD 5220.22-M Clearing - The degaussing of hard disk drives and magnetic tapes.
- Software sanitization - A three pass software random character overwrite of all hard disk drive sectors.
- Software sanitization is no Longer accepted by the DoD despite the fact that it is physically impossible, after a single data overwrite, to recover any data once hard disk drive sectors have been overwritten.
- See also National Institute of Standards and Technolog (NIST) - Guidelines for Media Sanitization.
- We do not recover pornography.
- We do not supply fraudulent insurance reports and or invoices.
- We will not omit VAT or give VAT discounts for any form of payment received.
- We will, as required by law, report any illegal activities i.e. the possession of child pornography, etc.
- We do not return the original faulty drive - Applicable to all electro-mechanical (physical, electrical or mechanical) related recoveries.
- We will keep a copy of the recovered data for a period after invoicing depending on the service level (or written agreement) to protect against dead on arrival (DOA) instances.
- Any property left unclaimed for 90 days, will be disposed of (recycled).
- Our Terms & Conditions are subject to change without notice.