We are committed to protecting the privacy of all our customers. The confidentiality of your data (including contact details etc.) is one of our primary concerns.
What information we collect?
- We collect personal identifying information regarding our customers, web visitors and any other email address sent to us via email that can include but not limited to first name, last name, title, occupation, street and postal address, e-mail address, telephone & fax numbers, company as well as demographic information.
- We do not collect information from any data sources we received for the purpose of data recovery, backup, repairs & forensic investigation.
How do we use your personal information?
For the inclusion in, but not limited to, our newsletter (product updates, specials, notifications, industry news etc.), participation in discussion groups & registration to membership groups.
Some of the ways we may use your personal information include:
- To create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To be able to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To send you information regarding contests or other marketing or promotional activities by ourselves or our affiliates.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to you.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. You are welcome to permanently unsubscribe at any time.
- To meet contractual obligations.
Updating your personal information
- We endeavor with your help to keep your information updated. Please notify us of any changes.
- You can also update your information via our online update facility.
Subscribing & Unsubscribing
- Each email newsletter includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing list.
Sharing of your personal information
- We do not disclose your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
- In some instances, we may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of our website.
- We may also share your personal information with authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We only provide third-party agents with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete the requested service or transaction.
- We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your personal information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- While navigating our web site you may be directed to content or functionality that is hosted by a third party supplier.
- We will ask you for your opt-in consent to share your personal information with a third party for any other reason.
- We may customize websites or newsletters for certain users based on the information they previously provided or that was collected through our websites in order to enhance the overall web experience.
Security of your personal information
- We are committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. We utilize a combination of security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- When we transfer sensitive personal data (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
- While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit.
- We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
- We may utilize cookies on our website, although you can still access most of them even if you choose to disable cookies in your browser. Some websites will not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled. For example, e-commerce sites uses session cookies and persistent cookies to process transactions. If you do not accept cookies, the associated shopping basket will not work and you will not be able to place an order.
- We also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail newsletters in order to count how many newsletters (or particular articles, links, etc.) are being accessed.
- Current versions of web browsers offer enhanced user controls regarding the placement and duration of both first and third party cookies. Search for "cookies" under your web browser's Help menu for more information on cookie management features available to you.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- Our websites may provide links to other third-party websites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites.
- Our newsgroups and forums are public. Please consider this before posting material to them.
We not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. We encourage parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child's online experience safer:
- Teach children never to give personal information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child's information is treated.
- Please visit the FTC's website for more tips on protecting children's privacy online.
Transfer of personal information
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party or offsite facility for the purposes of processing or storage.
- All amended terms automatically take effect immediately.