Disk Drill is an easy to use Mac OS X D.I.Y. data recovery tool able to recover data from most storage devices including internal and external hard disk drives, USB and compact flash drives, camera storage devices, iPods, Kindles, and other memory cards. This includes data recovery from HFS, HFS+, FAT, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, EXT3 and EXT4 drives.
Disk Drill uses several scanning algorithms enabling the recovery of unreadable, deleted or corrupt data including lost partitions.
Other useful features ate the ability to:
- Rebuild HFS+ catalog files.
- Rebuild HFS+ partition catalogs that won't mount correctly.
- Recover partitions on HFS+, FAT and NTFS volumes creating a virtual partition for any partitions found.
- Scan and rebuild lost HFS+ partitions that have been reformatted.
- Back-up an entire hard drive or partition from a failing drive onto a new drive as a DMG file that can then be mounted as a read-only volume and the data recovered.
Disk Drill comes in three flavors Disk Drill PRO (for home users), Disk Drill Expert (for commercial users) and Disk Drill Enterprise (for company licenses).