Seagate Hard Drive Recovery and Digital Forensic Investigations
We recover and investigate data from working and non-working external and internal
Seagate hard drives.
Whether your Seagate hard drive is suffering from an electro-mechanical failure (hardware) or a logical failure (software) our team of professionals can help you recover or investigate your lost data.
The most common hardware failures encountered with SEAGATE hard disk drives:
- The drive was dropped or received a hard knock of some sort.
- The drive makes clicking (knocking) or harsh scratching noises as a result of crashed (faulty) reading heads.
- The motor seized and the Seagate drive fails to spin making beeping noises.
- Firmware failure (corruption) causing drive detection and/or reading issues and can also result in the drive making strange clicking (knocking) noises.
- Bad sectors causing reading and writing errors and in some cases making the drive undetectable. This is normally as a result of the driver suffering from a knock(s) or wear and tear (magnetic field/platter fatigue).
- The Seagate drive is completely dead and does not spin-up. This can be due to electrical fluctuations (spikes or power surges) as a result of load shedding, lightning, a bad power source or a short caused by water or other liquid damage.
Typical software issues encountered with SEAGATE hard disk drives:
- The hard drive has been formatted.
- The data on the drive is corrupt and unreadable.
- Virus infections making the data unreadable or corrupt.
- The drive was re-loaded (overwritten) when installing a new operating system or system recovery.
- Deleted data.
Should your Seagate hard drive be suffering from any one or more of these failures do not hesitate to contact us!
SEAGATE HARD DISK DRIVE FAMILIES
U5, U6, U8, U10, Barracuda I, II, III, IV, V, U7, Barracuda 7200.7 ( ALPINE, PUMA and APLUS), U9, Barracuda 7200.8,(TONKA), Barracuda 7200.9 (TONKA2,TONKA15, TONKA40, TLITE1HD and TLITE2HD), Barracuda 7200.10 (NHAWK1HD, NHAWK2HD, GALAXY, GALAXY2D, GALAXY3D, GALAXY4D and NHPLUS2HD), Saturn, Neptune, MERCURY, MERC2, VENUS, M72, CORSAIR and MLITE, Barracuda 7200.11, Barracuda 7200.12